Saturday, October 23, 2010

Family

Last night I watched a movie, not anything special just one of those I like to watch now and again, but it reminded me so much of family and the importance of family. I also read a couple of posts that James put on his and Erin's blog. I am so grateful for my family. I love my parents, my siblings and their families, my children and my grandchildren. I don't consider my sons in law and daughter in law as in laws...they are my children too and I am so grateful for each of them. Perhaps it is that time of year with the holiday season approaching..I don't know what it is, but I am finding myself truly missing my family. I am so glad Mike understands the teary eyes on occassion and is so comforting and loving, it truly makes it easier.

I am grateful for technology that makes it so easy to keep in touch. Erin and her family finally have a text plan and I love texting back and forth with them. Kris called from Scotland today..amazing isn't it...all the way from Scotland and it didn't cost us a dime! Erik will text and keep me posted, Craig will call now and then and I keep up to date with them on Facebook too. I love to talk to my Mom and Dad and Mom is getting pretty good at FB. Robin, keeps in touch with me through emails, texts and photos. John and Skip have posted great photos of their new house and we keep in touch with phone and FB too....how blessed we are to have so many ways to be their for each other.

I guess I really just wanted to tell everyone how very much I love and miss you and think of you often. May the Lord watch over you this holiday season and may you continue to know the joy of FAMILY!

1 comment:

  1. I love you too mom! This time of year is one that really helps me remember my family and how much I love them too. It's a great time to reflect on how much we love and miss each other. I love you so much and can't wait to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete